Overall French Door Size
Click "Size is correct" to continue to prices. Please read the instructions below and/or watch the measuring video.
|French Door Designer||
Guide for measuring your door
Doors are usually measured from the brickwork opening from the outside of the property, always in millimetres (mm).
Firstly, measure the width, brickwork to brickwork, in three places (top, middle and bottom) and deduct approximately 10mm from your smallest measurement.
Secondly, measure the height of the opening in a few different positions and again deduct approximately 10mm from the smallest measurement. In case of a metal lintel please exclude it. Most doors sit on a cill, if so then please measure from underneath the existing cill unless it's not removable (e.g. stone).Please note: If your property is rendered then it's a good idea to remove some of the render in order to view the brickwork edge. Depending on the thickness of your render you may require frame extenders.
- Measure from outside, brickwork to brickwork.
- If that is not possible, measure your existing door.
- Provide us with the overall door sizes including cills or extenders/add-ons (except stone cills or if you're ordering doors without cills).
- Measure in a few different positions, take your smallest size and deduct approximately 10mm.
- If your doors open in then specify a 20mm frame extender on both sides (unless having side panels).
- If in doubt, just ask!
Please note: We are unable to accept responsibility for incorrect measurements. If you are unsure we recommend that you consult a professional installer/builder.