Frequently Asked Questions
How do I measure a window/door?
- Measuring for a new window or door is not difficult, we have produced a helpful measuring video which should guide you through the process.
Here is our printable measuring sheet.
Where do you deliver to?
- We deliver to most mainland England & Wales postcodes and almost always use our own vehicles and drivers, please see our delivery page for details.
How much does delivery cost?
- Delivery is dependent upon your location and can be calculated by inputting your delivery postcode into our search tool,
please see our delivery page for details.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- We aim to have your products manufactured and delivered in a matter of weeks depending on area, more in busy periods or for special products.
Please see our delivery page for details.
How will my items be delivered?
- We almost always use our own vehicles and drivers to ensure that no delivery problems occur. Please note that all goods need to be checked and a
signature required upon unloading.
What guarantees do you offer?
- We offer a comprehensive guarantee on our UPVC products (not sash):
Frames: Heritage 2800 window and door frames whether in flat white or woodgrain/textured coloured laminated PVC-u are guaranteed for a period of 10 years.
This guarantee is in respect of colour stability, shape retention and impact strength retention.
Sealed glass units: 10 years against condensation inside the unit.
Furniture: 1 year against failure in operation.
UPVC panels: 5 years.
Astragal bars: 2 years.
How do I place an order with you?
- We have developed a quick and easy online quoting and ordering system which will guide you through the process.
Once you have chosen your window style, entered your sizes and chosen your options you will be given a price which
you can then choose to purchase. Please see our ordering guide video for more.
If at any time you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
What payment types do you accept?
- We accept all major debit and credit cards which are handled safely and securely through our agent, Paypal,
the world's largest payment processor. More about Paypal.
Do you offer an installation service?
- At present Modern UPVC Windows do not provide an installation service.
We strongly advise that all installations are carried out by a competent person.
Can I have a window that opens inwards?
- Yes, it's called a Tilt & Turn window which always opens inwards.
Can I amend an existing order?
- Providing your order is not in production then we are happy to change any order details.
Please contact us immediately should you wish to make an alteration.
Can I cancel my order?
- You can cancel the order only before it has started manufacturing, after that cancellations without a charge are not possible.
We strongly urge you to check your order details carefully in the order confirmation email.
Can I order or pay over the phone?
- Due to the complicated nature of our bespoke products, please use the website, it's so much better that you see inside & out what you are ordering.
Please see the videos on our website or call us if you need assistance.
To pay by phone, just checkout, enter all your details and then at the payment page in Worldpay click cancel, and call us to pay. In that way we will have all your order details.
What do I do if I have a problem with my purchase?
- All of our products are quality checked before despatch but in the unlikely event that you experience any problems
or your item is faulty then please use our Problem reporting system.
Any photos you can include will be very helpful and will result in a quicker resolution. Once we receive your submission we aim to resolve any issues as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately we choose not to supply any of our products with Astragal bars as the possibility of failure is high and we are serious about our warranties.
UPVC Astragal bars are just adhered to the glass surface with double sided tape, so depending on exposure and weather they may eventually come off.
We strongly recommend Georgian bars as those are inside the glass and are also smaller allowing more light into your property.
Which profile do you use?
- We use the superb new Heritage 2800 from UK's leading profile manufacturer Deceuninck which has many advanced features and is made in the UK. Please look at the our windows page for more.
What is the u-value and spec of your glass?
- Please see our glass comparison table.
Do I need trickle vents?
- Yes most windows & doors need trickle vents under the new 2022 Document F Building Regulations.
Can I get a FENSA certificate?
- FENSA Building Regulation certificates certify the actual installation. Your installer should be able to issue a FENSA certificate. If not, or you are installing yourself, your local Building Control can certify your installation. More information: www.fensa.co.uk
How do I pay for extra items?
- Click on Payment on the top menu and type the amount and description there. If this is the 2nd part of a larger order, to avoid paying delivery twice, click add to recent order at the cart.