Frequently Asked Questions
How do I measure a window/door?
- Measuring for a new window or door is not difficult, we have produced a helpful measuring video which should guide you through the process.
Here is our printable measuring sheet.
Where do you deliver to?
- We deliver to mainland UK and almost always use our own vehicles and drivers, please see our delivery page for more information.
How much does delivery cost?
- Delivery is dependent upon your location and can be calculated by inputting your delivery postcode into our search tool,
please see our delivery page for more information.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- We aim to have your products manufactured and delivered within 7 to 10 working days depending on area, more in busy periods or for special products.
However, this may change and we aim to keep you informed of any delivery updates as they happen.
Alternatively you can collect from us at about 5 working days.
You may also contact us at anytime should you require an update.
How will my items be delivered?
- We almost always use our own vehicles and drivers to ensure that no delivery problems occur. Please note that all goods need to be checked and a
signature required upon unloading.
What guarantees do you offer?
- We offer a comprehensive guarantee as described below:
Frames: Profile 22 Systems undertake to warrant their White, woodgrain and textured laminated PVC-u window and door profiles for a period of 10 years.
This warranty is in respect of colour stability, shape retention and impact strength retention.
Sealed glass units: 5 years against condensation inside the unit.
Furniture: 1 year against failure in operation.
How do I place an order with you?
- We have developed a quick and easy online quoting and ordering system which will guide you through the process.
Once you have chosen your window style, entered your sizes and chosen your options you will be given a price which
you can then choose to purchase. Please see our ordering guide video for more.
If at any time you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
What payment types do you accept?
- We accept all major debit and credit cards which are handled safely and securely through our agent, Paypal,
the world's largest payment processor. More about Paypal.
Do you offer an installation service?
- At present Modern UPVC Windows do not provide an installation service.
We strongly advise that all installations are carried out by a competent person.
Can I have a circular or triagonal window?
- Yes, for bespoke window styles, please email your specifications or drawings to us, and we will reply with a price.
Can I have a window that opens inwards?
- Yes, it's called a Tilt & Turn window which always opens inwards.
Can I amend an existing order?
- Providing your order is not in production then we are happy to change any order details.
Please contact us immediately should you wish to make an alteration.
Can I cancel my order?
- Because all of our products are bespoke and 'made to measure' it is not possible to cancel your order.
We strongly urge you to check your order details before proceeding with an order.
Can I order or pay over the phone?
- Due to the complicated nature of our bespoke products, please use the website, it's so much better that you see inside & out what you are ordering.
Please see the videos on our website or call us if you need assistance.
To pay by phone, just checkout, enter all your details and then at the payment page in Worldpay click cancel, and call us to pay. In that way we will have all your order details.
What do I do if I have a problem with my purchase?
- All of our products are quality checked before dispatch but in the unlikely event that you experience any problems or
your item is faulty please use this system and include some pictures.
We will promptly deal with your queries and if necessary arrange for a replacement to be sent without delay.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Which profile do you use?
- We use the new Optima from UK's leading profile manufacturer, Profile22 which is much improved and made in the UK. Please look at the our windows page for more.
What is the u-value and spec of your glass?
- Please see our glass comparison table.
Can I get a FENSA certificate?
- FENSA Building Regulation certificates certify the actual installation. Your installer should be able to issue a FENSA certificate. If not, or you are installing yourself, your local Building Control can certify your installation. More information: www.fensa.co.uk
How do I pay for extra items?
- Click on Payment on the top menu and type the amount and description there. If this is the 2nd part of a larger order, to avoid paying delivery twice, you can set it as a collection in the cart.