Modern UPVC Windows, a Trading Name of Burbage Custom Windows Ltd, understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.modernUPVCwindows.co.uk ("Our Site") and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used are set out in Part 14, below.
"Cookie Law" means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
2. Information About Us
Our Site is operated by Burbage Custom Windows Ltd a Limited Company registered in England under company number 2961904.
Registered & postal address: Unit J Tungsten Park, Maple Drive, Hinckley LE10 3BE.
VAT number: 620285663.
Telephone number: 01455 639739
Email address: email@example.com
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed.
It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the "GDPR") as
'any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular
by reference to an identifier'.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above,
please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- If you purchase from us or email us: Name, contact information such as addresses, business name, postcodes, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- If you purchase from us: Payment type (not actual credit card numbers as we use payment agents for that).
- IP address, web browser type, version and operating system, a list of URLs starting with a referring site and your activity on Our Site (automatically collected like web servers do, also used by Google Analytics for aggregate statistics).
Unlike many other made-to-order websites, we do not require you making an account or providing name and phone numbers to display instant online prices. We do not display advertisements and do not use Google's invasive "advertising features" or "Re-marketing".
7. How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your order(s), if applicable.
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site.
- Supplying our products and/or services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email/phone/post that is required to fulfil the contract, for example sending order confirmations and status updates such as delivery schedules or installation updates etc.
- We may contact you after completion of the contract for feedback.
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for up to 10 years due to the guaranties we offer.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the "EEA").
The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and we protect your data, with passwords and SSL encryption when transmitted (excluding by email, for example replying to your emails).
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We contract with the following third parties to supply certain products and services. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
- Payment agents such as Worldpay & Paypal for payment processing. Please refer to their privacy policies if you decide to use them when ordering and entering your credit/debit card details, which we never see.
- Courier companies for deliveries to you.
- Third parties who undertake activities to promote and support our products & services. This includes customer support agents, website and application development & support and hosting providers, Google Analytics but only for aggregate website usage statistics, marketing service providers, email marketing partners, SMS messaging service who send you text messages about your order(s). Any of these third parties might be inside or outside your country of residence.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we are required by law to do so or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access most of Our Site without providing any personal data at all (excluding some statistical
aggregate anonymised analytics that web servers collect, per part 6 above). To order obviously you would need
to submit your contact information.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and
for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a "subject access request".
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is 'manifestly unfounded or excessive' (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
Our Site does not place or access advertising/tracking (3rd party) Cookies on your computer.
All Cookies used by Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be "strictly necessary". These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser's settings as detailed below.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer:
|Name of Cookie||Name of Provider||1st / 3rd Party||Purpose|
|_ga, _gat, _gid||Google.com||1st||Google Analytics|
|cart_c, cart_d||Modern UPVC Windows||1st||Shopping cart cookies, to add products to the basket|
and remember the chosen delivery area
|hideiconhelp, animslider, settings||Modern UPVC Windows||1st||Simple cookies to stop showing animations and click for prices|
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse aggregate usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable us to continually improve our business.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time which will delete the contents Our Site's shopping cart.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and computer/device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request,
please use the following details:
Telephone number: 01455 639739
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Unit J Tungsten Park, Maple Drive, Hinckley LE10 3BE
16. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part
of Modern UPVC Windows. Personal data provided by customers will, where it is relevant, be transferred along with that part
and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the data for the
purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
In the event that any personal data submitted by users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes, unless you have opted out of our emails.
17. Changes to this Policy
or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.