What makes Residor composite doors special
A premium GRP composite door
Encased in glass-reinforced plastic (GRP, the same material used to make the hulls of boats) for exceptional strength and all weather performance.
Unlike most GRP doors on the market that have only a 1.6mm GRP skin, Residor doors have a 3.6mm skin that complies with the most up to date PAS24:2016 security test guidelines.
GRP doors the longest life span
|Door type||Expected life||Maintenance|
|Softwood door||25 years||Paint every 5 years & yearly oil|
|Hardwood door||35 years||Paint every 5 years & yearly oil|
|Steel composite door||30 years||Wipe clean & yearly oil|
|PVC composite door||25 years||Wipe clean & yearly oil|
|GRP composite door||35 years||Wipe clean & yearly oil|
|PVC panel door||20 years||Wipe clean & yearly oil|
Door designs - any colour you wish
16 door types in over 250 RAL colours to choose from with 41 decorative glass options.
Please use our unique on-line composite door designer.
Please note these lovely doors are made in the UK by Solidor Ltd, up close the door frame profile is different but colours are similar to our own windows & doors.
We cannot guarantee exact colour matches with other products, even with matching RAL numbers, due to the different materials and methods used.
As usual side panels/lights will be manufactured separately to the door including a reinforced coupler for added strength.
Energy Efficiency (Approved Document L Compliant)
Under new energy regulations for doors, all door manufacturers/resellers must prove compliance. All Residor doors have an energy rating at a maximum of 1.6, usually better, depending on which decorative glazing was chosen.
- Full threshold for best seal and insulation.
- Low threshold, only 15 to 25mm high, made of aluminium in a choice of silver or gold.
- Low wheelchair threshold with a ramp that is also an integrated cill, saving you buying a separate cill which saves 30mm of height! Part M compliant, again in silver or gold aluminium.
- Your security is the highest priority. Residor doors are the most secure GRP composites on the market, with 3.6mm outer skins and a £1000 Ultion break-in guarantee (if you select Ultion cylinder, strongly recommended). With Residor, you can be assured that your home is secure.
- PAS24:2016 accreditation as standard on all doors (with Ultion cylinder lock).
- As standard ERA multi point lock with twin high security hooks for anti-seperation resistance. Endurance tested in excess of 50,000 cycles. PAS24 compliant.
- Ultion security cylinder option with £1000 break-in guarantee and "key control". Register here
- Police approved Secured by Design (SBD) option. Recognised by many insurance companies.
The Trojan Sparta door handle is a sleek, modern and multipoint sprung handle with style and sophistication. Made from stainless steel. Available in chrome, gold and brushed chrome, we also have white and black handles which are "Fab and Fix" brand.
The Trojan Traditional knocker has been designed to add a touch of class to your door face. Knockers are available with or without a spy-hole depending on your personal preferences.
The Trojan Unicorn letter plate is a unique and elegant stainless steel design. It features a peripheral seal on the external flap to provide a full barrier against draughts and noise pollution.
Hardware comes in 5 colours, Gold, Chrome, Brushed Aluminium, White and Black. Where possible we try to match hinges, letterbox, knocker with your choice of handle colour.
Sidepanels & top lights
Glass side panels with or without a midrail from 260mm to 700mm wide in a large range of obscure glass.
Top lights from 200mm to 600mm tall, in a large range of obscure glass.
Door & frames free from material defects in design, material and workmanship for 10 years.
Sealed glass units: against condensation inside the double glazed unit for 10 years.
Ultion cylinders: £1000 snap guarantee for replacement cylinder and door for 5 years. Register here
Hardware: mechanical operation for 10 years, 1 year for powder coated finishes.
Exclusions: where customer adapts/modifies/alters the products; doesn't follow installation & maintenance instructions; fair wear & tear, wilful damage; negligence; abnormal working conditions.
Further readingView our helpful composite door brochure (large pdf).
Why buy from us, what makes us better?